From 1895 until 1977, several different organizations in town, including the American Legion and Police Department, compiled directories of the businesses and residents of Haddon Heights with details on their addresses, occupations, and more. Eventually, you can use the following form to search for past residents. You can search for people by year, last name, first name, address, occupation, the company they worked for, or any combination thereof. Fifteen directories are currently available. Note: Until the entire Master Directory can be loaded securely into our newly designed website, individual requests can be handled by the “Contact Us” link from our Home Page.
Credit for transcribing this massive amount of data goes to a team of dedicated volunteers including Bonnie Fuoco, Marshall Hatfield, Joan Rossler and Lou Sariego.
- Searching tips:
- · Years available:
1895, 1900, 1901, 1904, 1909, 1911, 1915, 1923, 1927, 1931, 1936, 1948, 1950, 1966 and 1977.
- · For streets with numbers, use the digits, not the spelling (eg, use 12th, not Twelfth).
- · Use one-letter abbreviations for compass points (eg, use W Atlantic Avenue, not West Atlantic Avenue).
- · The search isn’t case sensitive; eg, “lippincott” and “LIPPINCOTT” will generate the same results.
- · We’ve included only the information contained in the original directories, though some names have been
standardized to permit easier searching (such as Joseph for “Jos” and Thomas for “Thos”).
- · The 1895 directory has people from local towns other than Haddon Heights.
|CATEGORY Businesses Government Houses Maps Monuments People Publications Recreation, arts & lodging Religion Restaurants Schools Streets Transportation||